In 1978 the City and County of Honolulu acquired this four-acre site on Kailua Beach from the Boettcher Estate. It included a 1937 residence, one of the first designed by Vladimir Ossipoff after her opened his own firm. Mason Architects prepared a Master Plan that called for restoration of the house, relocation of the caretaker’s cottage, and improvements to the landscaping, walkways, and parking lot.
Historic Photo: Friends of the Boettcher Estate.
The front of the house faces Kalaheo Avenue.