Moana Estates look out on Kihei or Haleakala
On 28 acres overlooking Kihei on Maui's south shore, Mason Architects designed single-family homes for Towne Development Company. The three- or four-bedroom homes are spaciously arranged on 89 lots around a grassy swale that runs through the estates and into a park with a soccer field and comfort station.
- Mountain- or ocean-view lots range in size from 7,600 to 13,500 square feet.
- The nine different models are designed in a contemporary Hawaiian style and vary in size from 2,350 to 3,700 square feet.
- Buildable areas are sited to protect open space corridors, and utility lines are underground.
- Each home has solar water heating, thermal insulation, eco-friendly slate or shake-style roofing made from recycled rubber, and Energy Star appliances.
- Some homes include ohana units with bedroom, bath, and separate entrance.
- The houses maintain deep and varying setbacks without walls or fences in front yards which are fully landscaped.
Previous Project | Next Project