Views of Haleakala and Kahului Bay from Milo Court
Mason Architects has designed 47 two-story duplex units that are placed to follow the natural slope and contour of the site, eleven acres behind Wailuku, Maui, for Towne Development Company. One unit type is configured for the upslope lots (enter from below), one for the downslope lots (enter from above), and a third for the level lots. The main road through Milo Court skirts a large park, which is within walking distance of every home.
- Each of the three unit types is designed in two versions: one with horizontal siding and a Dutch-gable roof form, the other with board-and-batten siding and a hip roof.
- Each unit is 2000-2100 square feet, including a two-car garage.
- Downstairs, the great room encloses the living room, dining room, and kitchen, all linked to a spacious lanai
- Upstairs, the master bedroom includes a large walk-in closet and master bath, while two bedrooms share a second full bath.
- The homes are sited to catch mountain and ocean views as well as trade winds for natural ventilation.
- Solar panels on the roof provide hot water, cross ventilation and ceiling fans reduce the need for air conditioning, the appliances are Energy-Star rated, windows are low-e double-paned glass, and recycled materials are used throughout.
Previous Project | Next Project
Photography: MAI; Towne Development Company