For Children 6 Weeks to Five Years at Marine Corps Base Hawai‘i
Mason Architects, in a Design-Build project with AMEC/Nan, Inc., has designed a Child Development Center for up to 122 children from the ages of 6 weeks to 5 years at Marine Corps Base Hawai‘i. The single-story building of 17,986 square feet includes ten activity rooms, a full kitchen, laundry room, toilet facilities, storage, and administrative spaces.
- Currently there is a waiting list for CDC services at MCBH of several hundred infants, pre-toddlers, toddlers, and pre-school children of active duty personnel.
- This CDC will satisfy the need for an aesthetically pleasing but highly functional facility that will serve the needs of the Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) activity and improve the Quality of Life for families at MCBH.
- It will provide a safe and healthy environment that is inviting and feel homelike for the child.
- The exterior playground area will have play apparatus, a playground equipment storage building, tension fabric structures, fencing, gates, covered drop-off/pick-up area, landscaping, and lighting.
- The project is LEED Silver Certified.
Previous Project | Next Project